26.2 miles is a long way, but with training, it’s achievable by anyone in my opinion. (I wrote a whole blog on this topic back in 2015!) So many people training for a Spring Marathon, it’s hard not to be inspired.
Whether the FOMO is finally getting to you, or you’ve realised that 2019 is going to be the year that you finally tick it off your bucket list, it is not too late to sign up for a spring race…
- With 19 weeks to go, the Edinburgh Marathon or the Mountains to Beach in California, are two great options for those looking for a long training cycle and a fast run.
- Less flat, but more iconic, is the Flying Pig marathon in Ohio. One of the first blogs I ever read was documenting her training for this race and for that reason alone, I have it on my bucket list!
- The London Marathon is 15 weeks out, and some charities still have places. If you’ve been thinking about it…what are you waiting for? Mount Charleston, one of the fastest US downhill US marathons is also on the same weekend for those looking for speed (and a quad trashing!)
- Both the Paris Marathon and Brighton Marathon in 13 weeks have places (Brighton through charity entry) and are well supported, flat, friendly races.
- Manchester Marathon is on the 8th April and still has plenty of space – and it gives you 3 months to get into shape!
- LA Marathon…if you’re in half marathon fitness, then you can definitely get up to the full distance for this amazing race in 9+ weeks time. -> AND I have an entry to giveaway for one of you guys to join me in Los Angeles in March.
To enter to win entry to the Los Angeles Marathon 2019…let me know in the comments why you want the bib, what makes LA such a goal race for you?
The competition is also open on Instagram – enter there for extra entries. Winner will be announced on Saturday 19th January.