I don’t normally post a lot of ‘blogger’ tips on here as I’m not sure what percentage of my readers are also bloggers, but I recently came up with this list after chatting with some other bloggers. It’s my ideal daily activity list, however it definitely does not get achieved every day.
The idea is to grow readership, create connections with those on social media and relationships with other bloggers. Not only that, but to increase your online presence which will help your google ranking.
- Check your social media
- Check & reply to any blog comments
- Post blog onto FB, Twitter & Pinterest
- Read your fave blogs & comment
- Find a new-to-you blog on one of the facebook groups & leave a comment
- Share any great articles from the day – sign up to blogs, newsletters & websites that regularly post brilliant content
- Post blog on Stumble upon and stumble away, add other people’s content to stumble
- Add latest blog post to a Tumblr (if you have one)
- Brainstorm blog ideas
- Spend 5 mins on Pinterest- pinning your own posts, adding to your boards and pinning other great posts
You obviously don’t need to do each of these every single day, some are only relevant on days that you have a new blog post, whilst others could be done every other day (or less).
If you work in an office perhaps this is something you could do by getting in to work early or maximising your lunch break by completing a few of these activities. You could write your own list detailing the tasks that you think would most benefit your blog and social reach.
I find that keeping it in the front of my work diary helps keep me accountable, and means I’m less likely to forget them.
I’d love to hear from you- would you like to see more blog tips? If yes, what sort of questions would you like answered?