With the undesirable news announced that tube workers may be organising another two days of strike action across London, I thought I’d take a look at how a tube strike actually be good for your health (although potentially not your blood pressure).
- Can’t get the tube to work? You’ll have to move slightly further under your own power from bed to desk, whether that’s walking, running, cycling, rollerblading, or unicycling.
- If you’re allowed to “work from home” you’ll get more sleep, be able to make yourself a healthy lunch, take a lunchtime class all whilst “working”.
- It will give you a better work/life balance (for 2 days)- obviously you’ve got to leave at 4pm to get home before the tube panic crush.
- Think about the germs from the millions of people that use the tube you won’t be exposed to for the 24 hours. Take that, Berocca!
- It will give you something else to think and moan about other than your current marathon training schedule.
I admit that tube strikes are bloody annoying however do not know the ins and outs of the union vs tube bosses so am keeping the politics out of it!