I’ve been feeling gross recently, my skin has been bad, I’ve put on weight and my headaches have been worse than they’ve been since I started the strong medication. I’m finding workouts really, really tough and my sleep is disrupted. I have a lot on at the moment, so can’t afford to be feeling like this.
The difference to now and a month ago. My diet and exercise regime.
As I mentioned before my exercise plans are non-existent at the moment (apart from a Barrecore challenge I’ve been taking this week) and my diet has been crappy. My job means that I cook most days, and currently we’ve been baking, doing donut taste tests and recreating our own donuts. ( I know, I know, I’m not complaining!) It has just led to a lot of sugar highs…and lows.
Something has to change, I am no longer running 50 plus miles a week and therefore cannot keep eating as if I am. It’s time that I fuel my body correctly.
However, I’m not good at sticking to diets. The most I’ve ever done is 3 days, at which point my boss had to take me to one side and tell me to stop the diet as I was becoming a horrid person (it was a no sugar/caffeine etc diet that didn’t allow fruit. I also don’t think diets are very sustainable. If you’ve read my blog before, you may know that I think it’s all about balance- 80% good stuff, 20% a little bit of what you love (it’s just that the balance has gone a bit out of whack recently).
So I can’t follow diets. I can however, follow principles.
So without further ado, here are the eating principles that I will be following in NO-vember.
- No processed food- no crisps or fizzy drinks etc.
- No ingredients in food that I can’t pronounce or don’t recognise
- Be organised with food- plan out breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks as much as possible to avoid reaching for something unhealthy, or having to buy something dodgy because I get hangry.
- Try to eat 10 portions of fruit and veg a day
- Homemade. Homemade.
- Try to make more juices and smoothies.
- Cut down on refined sugar
- Cut down on dairy although not out
- Eat as much organic produce as possible (ie as much as I can afford!!!)
- Drink plenty of water and swap out some tea/coffee for green tea
NO-vember obviously starts tomorrow, and today I’ve been preparing for it – by tucking into this Halloween feast at work, as well as said doughnuts.
Alongside the food principles of NO-vember, I’ll be embarking on a new fitness plan. Increasing more weights and HIT, as well as some new workout classes. I can’t wait to share! Also I would love to hear about your favourite healthy food blogs- paleo, sugar free, balanced diet – I need some inspiration!