Tray bake Cashew Chicken with Cauliflower & Wholegrain Rice
- 4 skinless chicken thighs bitesize diced
- 1 small head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 red pepper cut into 2 cm strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 2cm strips
- 100 g green beans trimmed
- 1 red chilli diced
- 1 cauliflower blitzed or grated into rice
- 1 pack of microwave wholegrain rice
- 40 g cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Handful of sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 thumb of grated ginger
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp cornflower
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Drizzle half of the sauce over the diced chicken, Add to the tray and bake for 10 minutes
- Check if chicken is cooked through then remove from tray
- On the same baking tray add the vegetables, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then pour over the rest of the sauce. On the other half of the tray add the cauliflower and wholegrain rice, then bake for another 12 minutes until they are cooked.
- Meanwhile toast the cashews in a frying pan until they get an even golden colour.
- Serve up into your tupperware boxes and garnish with the cashews, spring onion and sesame seeds.
Read more How Many Carbs Do Runners Need?