I wanted to open up to you guys a little bit today, so thought I’d treat it as having coffee with a friend.
If we were having coffee…
– I’d tell you that sometimes social media gives me major anxiety. I get totally overwhelmed with FOMO, the number of likes, trying to share pics that I think you guys will like, and balancing brand photos and random running pics. But your messages were so kind, and made me realise that I’m not the only one who find social a bit much sometimes. And that the Instagram algorithm sucks… Thank you for those of you that do like my pics and watch my Instagram stories. Its so great to know what you guys like, and what you want to see more of. Always open to feedback!
– Speaking of creating content, I would tell you that I’m so excited about the content that I’m going to be sharing this summer. As part of my marathon training, I’m working with Tashi on my running strength, she’s setting me specific running strength workouts, especially working on my weak glutes and getting my quads ready for all that downhill. And the best bit…Tashi and I are going to be sharing those workouts with you guys with videos on Instagram and Youtube (subscribe here). There will be 2-3 30min (or less) strength workouts per week, shared for free, for you guys to follow along or save for future marathon training cycles. They will be a mixture of gym, hotel gym, home and bodyweight workouts. We’re so excited!
– I’d tell you that I’m also going to be sharing my marathon training workouts, speed sessions and tempo paces. I’ll be posting it on a Monday first thing, and then each workout with the actual speeds I ran! Hoping this will be helpful for those wanting to run their own BQs, training for a marathon or wanting some tough/fun workouts. Of course, I’ll also be posting weekly roundups of my training on the blog.
– I would share how I am counting down the days until Tom and I fly to Malawi. We’re going next week, spending a few days on safari then we are joining the Impact Marathon team to get involved with some of the Global Goals projects that they help fund in the local area, then running the half/full marathon on the Saturday. We are both so thrilled to be able to experience the first Impact Marathon in Malawi, and share it with you. I think we’re helping with the ‘Zero Hunger’ Global goal, which is obviously a project close to my heart. You can find out more and donate here.
– I’d tell you how much I have enjoyed my hospital placement (read my ‘Day in the Life’ here) but I’m looking forward to it ending, too. It is exhausting feeling like you’re being tested all day, everyday. That all of your decisions are questioned. It has been an amazing learning experience, and I am so grateful to all the dietitians who have taken time to teach me what they know and answer my hundreds of questions.
– I would tell you that travel is going to be crazy in May and June, but I couldn’t be more pumped. As well as Malawi, I’m off to Florida, California and Mexico on work trips, and New York and the Isle of Wight with friends. Its going to be intense but so much fun.
Would love to hear what you would say over coffee… xx
Photos taken in Tokyo by Anna Jackson.