I’m a morning exerciser, which means that I’ve had to hotfoot it out of the gym, into the changing rooms and get ready for work as quickly as possible a number of times. We’ve all faced the issue of trying to apply makeup whilst still suffering from post-exercise sweat lip…it ain’t easy.
For those people that say they don’t have time to workout and get ready in the morning before work, here’s my guide on how to speed up your post exercise routine and make it to your desk on time.
1. Avoid the queue for the showers. Whether that means needing to leave the class right at the end of the workout, getting naked once you hit the showers (although this is a pet peeve of mine) or stretching in the shower. Get to know what the shower situation is like at your favourite class/gym.
2. I was given an Urban Turban for Christmas, this super absorbent, quick-drying towel is specially designed to twist and tie around your head. You can wear it while you dry your body and get dressed without those awful drips running down your back. Plus the towel fits in its own waterproof bag to carry it home in – I also tuck my shampoo and conditioner into the bag.
3. Back in November I had a treatment to permanently straighten and de-frizz my hair. This means that I can leave my hair to dry naturally, without having to straighten or use any products in it. This has been my biggest time saver by far. I am obsessed with my new hair, it doesn’t take out the volume, just the frizz!! If you have puffy/curly hair and would prefer it to be straight, I highly recommend trying a Keratin treatment.
3. Unless I really have to wash my hair, I rely on dry shampoo. It is seriously my best friend. I usually blast my hair with cold air to dry the sweat and add volume before liberally applying dry shampoo all over the roots.
4. I usually get half dressed, then blast my face with the cold air from the hairdresser to cool myself down before attempting make up. I don’t wear a whole lot of make up anyway (because I don’t know what I’m doing) but have streamlined my make up bag and routine for speed. Concealer, tinted moisturiser (NAKED skin Beauty Balm which includes an SPF in the light formula), bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, mascara and done! I use only a few products, plus my gym make up bag has Urban Decay bronzer, highlighter and blusher combination palette to save space!
5. Pre-order your smoothie, bring breakfast or have your coffee place lined up before you go into your class for a speedy refuel!
Do you have any tips that you would share?