This Valentine’s Day isn’t going to be the most romantic, however I do know it will be a lot of fun, which suits me fine. Our day will start with a marathon training run, followed by an enormous breakfast cooked at home, then we’re off to Twickenham to watch the Six Nations game!
I love going on dates with Tom, especially when we can tailor the date to be a little on the healthier side. I remember when we first started ‘dating’ and we ate lots and drank lots! Now, although we’ll occasionally go for a cocktails or a nice drink together, we often try to make our date nights a little more exciting. (Yes I count the cinema as exciting!)
Here’s a list of healthy dates that I’ve been on, or got on my idea list!
- Rock climbing – We loved doing a private class this summer at The Westway.
- Park Run followed by brunch (V day is handily on a Saturday this year!)
- Take a healthy cooking class- I’d love to take Tom to Recipease, or another similar class
- Indoor golfing (or outdoor), or visit the driving range- I really want to take some lessons
- Take a spin class together
- Hire Boris bikes and cycle around (or hire a bike if you don’t live in London!)
- Go on a running, walking or cycling tour of your city or a new city
- Go hiking
- Explore a local National Trust property, or National Park
- Cook a healthy recipe together
- Go for a day at the spa (Tom had his first massage in St Lucia a few months ago, and told me how much he’d like another one after his long runs!)
- Take a dance lesson (OK I 100% would never do this with Tom, but others might enjoy it!)
- Check out a museum or art gallery that you haven’t been to before. The Imperial War Museum and the British Transport Museum are on both of our hit lists.
- Be a tourist- do something touristy in your city, if you’re in London- how about The London Eye, climbing the 02 or visiting The Shard viewing platform.
- Complete a race together!
- Visit your local farmer’s market and shop for a meal together, or just enjoy lunch/breakfast at one of the stalls.
- Learn to roller ski!
- Or try your hand at roller blading/skate boarding!
- Go to a Karaoke booth, just skip the numerous cocktails that you may need or want in order to get you up to the microphone.
- Good, clean fun at the Bowling Alley.
- Book a PT session together. (I’ve said this year all I want for V day is a PT session and for England to win the rugby!)
- Take a boat ride- either along a river, pedalo on the a lake, or in the sea. If it’s under your own power then even better.
- Book a table at a healthy restaurant, I’m desperate to try Pure Taste, a new Paleo restaurant in London.
- Go to the theatre- you can get some great, cheap deals, just skip the interval drinks!
- Take a self defence or boxing class, it burns a hell of a sweat and you learn something useful!
- Play squash, or tennis- if you don’t know how, then what about booking a lesson?
What are you getting up to this Valentine’s Day? Obviously these aren’t just great V day dates, they would make fun date nights or activities year round!