Whilst at the gym yesterday, I began thinking of all of the embarrassing, and awkward situations I find myself in and decided that I’d share some of them with you. As well as stories from some friends to hopefully make some of you laugh this Friday morning (or smile knowingly!)
- Yesterday I went to my gym twice. Once to get changed and use the lockers, then left. Once to shower, get ready for a night out, then left.
|Pretty sparkly shoes that are not gym appropriate!|
- I often blow dry my sweaty hair and beetroot red face with the hairdryer on cold to try and cool/dry myself. (I’ve also been informed by an anonymous friend that she once tried to blow dry her bum with cold air to stop sweating!) Oh and dry shampoo is my best friend, I hardly ever have time to wash my hair after a class, except spinning when it’s a must!
- After my first Body Attack class, I vomited when I got home. (Same after my first park bootcamp- I used to be so unfit!)
|I also take embarrassing selfies in the mirrors at the gym!|
- My old yoga teacher used to shout at me for being so inflexible, and say infront of the whole class, ‘This move is a nightmare for you’. Er, yes it was. Maybe that’s why I dislike yoga so much!
- I’ve done a pilates class in the EXACT same Sweaty Betty outfit as another gym goer. I was tempted to leave when I walked into the class and noticed. Pattern leggings are not inconspicuous.
- I was once asked by a teacher, infront of the whole spin class, if I was having an epileptic fit. Clearly I looked like I was really struggling.
- I once had to buy a gym branded top as I’d forgotten mine and really wanted to go to a class. I’ve also had a friend that has run with her dress tucked into leggings after forgetting her top!
- On that note, I’ve had to wear trainers to work after forgetting my work shoes. Running shoes and skinny jeans do NOT look good together.
- At university, a friend and I drove to the gym, couldn’t find a parking space so drove home again. Via McDonalds for a Mcflurry. (Not so proud of this one)
- One of the reasons I chose my current gym is because of the brand of shampoo and conditioner in the showers. It’s Redken and I love it.
- My boyfriend, Tom, never used to know how to use the weights machines at the gym, so used to watch people and jump on the machine just after they finished using it, basically following them round the gym like a stalker.
- When a friend’s boyfriend first tried a BodyPump class with her, he ignored her warnings to take it easy as the sets were long. After the second set, with a fully loaded bar, his face was purple and the instructor had to come over and tell him to ‘take it easy when you’re a beginner’. He hasn’t been back since.
- Leah had an amazing story to share;
I used to go to Body Step classes a few times a week and class myself as a pretty good ‘stepper’. I knew the tunes, the tracks, the moves- I could pre-empt what was coming up next which meant I put 150% into my workouts and totally gave them all my enthusiasm and energy.
I’m sure we’re not the only ones with gym confessions, no matter how big or small! I’d love to hear yours- Please email me with any gym/workout confessions firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to share them next week if I get enough!! They can remain anonymous if you like!